Tooth Extractions – Edmond, OK
Worry-Free Tooth Removal
While Dr. M. Kent Smith’s main goal is to help each of his patients preserve their natural teeth for as long as possible, sometimes, a tooth may simply be too forgone to be repaired. In this situation, an extraction is usually the best way to protect someone’s oral health. We know this procedure can cause a lot of anxiety, but thanks to Dr. Smith’s experience and use of sedation and local anesthetic, our extraction patients often report feeling practically nothing in the chair. If you or your child have a problem tooth that may need to come out, give us a call today, and we’ll make the process for tooth extractions in Edmond, OK as easy as possible.
Why Choose M. Kent Smith DDS for Tooth Extractions?
- Soothing Sedation Options
- Same-Day Emergency Appointments Available
- Dentist with Over 30 Years of Experience
Common Reasons for Tooth Extraction
- Decay: If a cavity has weakened a tooth to the point that it can’t be saved, and the infection is threatening to spread to the nearby teeth, then an extraction will likely be recommended.
- Trauma: A tooth can be so broken that there isn’t enough healthy structure to support a restoration.
- Dentures: Before a patient gets a denture, any failing teeth will need to be removed first to ensure a secure fit.
- Wisdom Teeth: Often, the wisdom teeth become stuck while coming in and cause pain. The only way to fix this is to extract them.
How Tooth Extractions Work
Thankfully, modern-day extractions never involve “pulling teeth.” For a tooth that has fully erupted, the mouth is numbed, and then the tooth is rocked back and forth until it slips out on its own. If a tooth is still partially trapped within the gum line (which is often the case with the wisdom teeth), then a surgical extraction may be needed, in which a small amount of gum and bone tissue are removed first so the tooth can be extracted effectively.
I Need a Checkup & Cleaning I am Looking for a Dentist for My Child I am Concerned About Bleeding Gums I Have a Cavity or Broken Tooth I am Missing One or More Teeth I am Unhappy with My Smile I Want a Straighter Smile I am Scared of the Dentist I am in Pain & Need Help I Need My Wisdom Teeth Removed View Our Services